Understanding the Pledge Gathering Process
Choose Your Fundraising Method
Last year more than half of our Human Race Pledges were made online through the use of our online fundraising platform. If you choose not to use this website tool you can additionally collect and turn in pledges in person.
How to Take Paper Pledges
Pledges can be gathered using printed pledge sheets
(be sure to make a copy for your records!)
- Pick up pledge sheets at the Volunteer Center or download and print sheets from humanracesc.org.
- Write your name, the agency’s name and agency number. This ensures that the funds are allocated to the correct agency. If unsure about the agency number call the Volunteer Center at 427-5070.
- Complete the donor information (name, address and phone number) and the amount donated.Checks should be made out to Volunteer Center-HR with the agency number on the memo line of the check.
- If the donor requests, provide them a receipt for tax purposes.
- Pledge sheets and funds can be brought to the Volunteer Center nearest you (Watsonville or Santa Cruz) until 5PM on Thursday May 9th. Please do not bring pledge sheets & funds to the Volunteer Center on the Friday before Race Day (May 10th).
Turning in Your Paper Pledge to the Volunteer Center
- Visit the Volunteer Center at 1740 17th Ave. Santa Cruz, CA 95062
- Fill out a Human Race deposit slip for each deposit.
- Please include pledge sheets with your deposit.
- Request a receipt at the time of your deposit. The receipt will be for the total amount only. The Volunteer Center does not keep records of individual pledge amounts. Please have team leaders make copies of individual pledge sheets prior to turning in deposits.
- In order to track your organization’s fundraising totals on the website, the Human Race staff will post offline donation amounts received at our offices on a weekly basis until Human Race May 11, 2019.
- Please allow time for funds to be verified by the Volunteer Center’s office administrator. Money will be paid out to the nonprofits monthly until September.
Race Day Turn In
On the day of the race a specific registration table will be set up for those bringing their pledges.
- All participants may present pledge sheets and funds raised for their organizations at the registration tables.
- Organization Leads and Team Captains may act on behalf of all team members.This will save time so that you and your team can get to the fun activities faster.
After Race Day Turn in
All cash or checks turned in to the Volunteer Center at 1740 17th Ave, Santa Cruz before 4PM on May 31, 2019 will count towards potential awards at the June Awards Celebration.