Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefiting partner the Human Race requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by the Human Race and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my organization is a 501(c)3 and will provide our EIN number for verification.
- I confirm that my organization serves or has headquarters in Santa Cruz County or the surrounding area.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus marketing efforts during the six week campaign for the Human Race to create a sense of county wide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that the Human Race is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that the Human Race has no control of this process.
- I confirm that, if my organization has a website or Facebook page, we will add the the Human Race link to one or both.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote the Human Race over the course of the six week campaign using social media.
- I understand that only donations made through the the Human Race portal will count towards any prizes and incentives offered as part of the six week campaign.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in the Human Race.
- I understand that my organization will receive a minimum of 75% of all monies collected. Nonprofits can increase the percentage by bringing in $10,000 or more. The Volunteer Center keeps a percentage to cover administrative and event management costs.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that the Volunteer Center will handle the processing of all donations and will disburse funds to my organization in June 2019.